Utah Accident Injury Attorneys
Seek help for accidents and injuries in Salt Lake City
There could be a thousand ways to become injured in an accident. It can happen in a split second and the consequences can include everything from bruises and broken bones to paralysis or even death. Construction sites, swimming pools and icy parking lots are just a few of the locations where the carelessness of a property owner can cause an accident victim to be permanently injured or affected. Personal injury law involves claims for accidents that occur because of negligence. The owner is liable for allowing a dangerous condition to exist on the premises. If you suffer injuries in a fall, it is important to contact an experienced Utah accident attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights. For experienced and skilled legal counsel, contact the attorneys at Brass & Cordova today.
Types of slip and fall accidents
Generally, there are four types of slip and fall accidents.
- Trip and fall is when an individual trips over a foreign object.
- Stump and fall occurs when a person stumbles over an obstruction in a walkway and falls.
- Slip and fall is the result of an individual losing traction while walking on a surface and falling.
- Step and fall happens when a person falls because of a hole or defect in the walkway surface.
A fall can happen on the job, in a building, on the sidewalk, on private property or anywhere else. Even if you seem fine immediately after a fall, you might have serious injuries that may not show up for a few days, or even weeks. For that reason, you should seek medical attention, as well as legal support and guidance from a Utah accident lawyer.
What to do following a fall
If you are the victim of a slip and fall accident, you should take the following steps:
- Seek medical help and let your provider know that your injuries are the result of an accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene, your injuries and anything else that could provide evidence of negligence on the part of the property owner or management.
- Obtain the names of any witnesses to the event and jot down phone numbers and addresses.
- On business premises, notify the management that you were injured in an accident and ask for a written report containing the details of the incident.
- Do not sign a release until you have spoken with a Utah injury attorney, who will give you legal advice on the matter.
Seeking a knowledgeable accident attorney in Utah
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident, please contact Brass & Cordova for a complimentary consultation. Our capable accident attorneys in Utah provide compassionate support and sound legal guidance. We can advocate aggressively on your behalf, utilizing all legal options for recovering damages. Contact us today at 801.322.5678 or online.